Your self hosted YouTube media server
Browser Extension: Tube Archivist Companion
- Subscribe to your favorite YouTube channels
- Download Videos
- Index and make videos searchable
- Play videos
- Keep track of viewed and unviewed videos
Once your YouTube video collection grows, it becomes hard to search and find a specific video. That's where Tube Archivist comes in: By indexing your video collection with metadata from YouTube, you can organize, search and enjoy your archived YouTube videos without hassle offline through a convenient web interface.
Release tag: v0.3.0
Release date: 2022-11-30
- The browser extension Tube Archivist Companion got a major update, basically a rewrite to v0.1.0, now injecting buttons directly into the YouTube page, making this much more user friendly.
- Tube Archivist now takes system snapshots instead of json file backups for mapping changes. Make sure to activate snapshot first before updating, particularly for large indexes, to avoid a lengthy delay at first start after the update, wiki.
- Your video and channel indexes will automatically get updated at startup to take the new mapping changes, and a new index to hold the comments will be created.
- If you are setting your version for Elasticsearch manually, that would be a good time to update to 8.5.1, if you are using archivist-es, you'll get the update automatically to take advantage of some improvements there.
- Added comments archiving, wiki
- API: Added endpoints for comments management, docs
- Added tag cloud to video page, wiki
- Added similar videos on video page, wiki
- API: Added endpoint for similar videos, docs
- Added startup cleanup function deleting leftover partial video files from cache/downloads
- Added podman installation instructions, by @redxtech, wiki
- Changed mapping or settings update in index now triggers a snapshot instead of a json file backup, if enabled
- Changed video page template to better integrate the inline player for similar videos
- Changed inconsistent thumbnail path building from API template
- Changed wording for scheduler frequency, #358
- Changed potential pitfalls section to common errors, readme
- Fixed channel deactivation error
- Fixed channel reindex not triggering due to a mapping error in channel_last_refresh
- Fixed playlist deactivation error
- Fixed error deactivating a not set configuration, #362